Western media reports on the blowing-up of the Nord Stream gas pipelines are a coordinated bid to divert attention and Russia is perplexed that U.S. officials can assume anything about the attacks without an investigation, the Kremlin said today.
The New York Times, citing intelligence reviewed by U.S. officials, reported on Tuesday that a pro-Ukraine group- likely made up of Ukrainians or Russians – was responsible for blowing up the Nord Stream gas pipelines that run under the Baltic Sea between Russia and Germany last September.
Germany’s ARD broadcaster and Die Zeit newspaper said the attack was carried out by five men and one woman who rented a yacht and used false passports.
“Obviously, the authors of the attack want to divert attention,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the state RIA news agency, adding that the information had been planted.
“How can American officials assume anything without an investigation?”
“The very least that the Nord Stream shareholder countries and …